We also offer the following services in Stillorgan Medical Centre:
- Primary Immunisation Schedule
- recommended for all newborns in Ireland.
- Chickenpox Vaccine
- Available for children > 12 months. Two injections required 1 months apart. Can be given with routine 12 and 13 month immunisations.
- Fees applies (not covered by HSE immunisation schedule)
- Vaccines and Pregnancy
- Flu vaccine - the flu vaccine is inactive and can be given safely at any time during pregnancy.
- Whooping cough (Pertussis) vaccine - recommended between 16 and 36 weeks of pregnancy. This is considered the best time in pregnancy to provide protection for the baby during the first few months of life.
- "Flu" vaccine
- we recommend this every autumn if you are elderly or have heart, lung or kidney disease, or diabetes. A useful precaution too if you are involved in important exams or don't want your holiday time ruined!
- Pneumococcal vaccine
- this vaccine is available to all patients over the age of 65 years, and should be considered in those under 65 who have long term illnesses.
- Varicella Zoster (shingles) vaccine
- this vaccine is not part of the routine immunisation schedule, but anybody over the age of 50 years may choose to be immunised. It is very worthwhile protection against debilitating side effects of Shinges.
If your hearing has been affected by a build up of wax, please contact us to arrange ear syringing. Ideally put olive oil in your ears to soften the wax for three nights prior to the procedure .
This is provided by Tom Dalton, who is a very experienced clinical psychologist. Contact 087 1333562 to make an appointment.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is provided by Ms Roisin Doyle and Ms Felicity Fanning.